Monday, November 7, 2016

             A dish that is unforgettable for me in a positive way, is made by the restaurant where my father brought the whole family as a farewell party when I was leaving my hometown to study. Most of the dishes that my father ordered is decent, but I was most impressed by their signature dish – Dongpo Meat. This dish is named after a famous litterateur in China whose name is Su Dongpo. The meat was in a square shape, and it is divided into multiple layers, either fat or lean meat. The layer on the top is always the fat, with a dark brown color that covers by a lay of oil. It always serves with some bread, which reduce the greasy taste. Impressively, the taste of the meat with bread is different than its oily appearance. At the first bite of it, I can feel the fat melted in my mouth, and the meat is soft. The taste of its fragrant juice slides out between the layers, and creates a stronger taste.

1 comment: