Monday, November 7, 2016

My Favorite Hot Pot
                        Chinese have more than 5 thousand years of food history. Throughout the history, I love hot pots the most. I go eat hotpot every week when I was in China. There was an impressive experience in my mind.

Our car was at the corner of the street where the restaurant located, I smelt an amazing aroma, it made me think that was the smelling of spices and it was so pure and good. Then, I saw the front door of the restaurant and I confirmed my imagination was exactly right.          First, we had the pot with soup. Then, the waiter served us a bag of red solid oil. It was made of selected beef oil and it was cooked about 12 hours to become such a perfection. There were some yellow tiny cubs running out from the red spicy oil. Then, the waiter put that oil into our pot and I realized that was spicy beef oil because it melted when we were heating the soup in the pot. When it was melting, I smelt the extraordinary good odor. By the way, I am crazy about spicy. After the oil was melted, the waiter gave us different meat and vegetables. The most impressive one for me was the Kobe beef and the handmade noodles. The Kobe beef there looked like a beautiful stone because the mixture of beef and fat makes it white and red. Once I put it into the boiling pot, the red meat became brown and when I put it into my mouth. It makes the beef was tasted like some very delicious oil because the meat was so fresh and appetizing. When I swallowed the beef, the nice aroma stayed in my mind for a long time. Also, the handmade noodles there were also a popular commodity there because they are exactly handmade. First time I saw the noodle, it was some very small pastes and they didn’t look good. However, the waiter came to us and pulled the pastes by their special skills and the pastes became 1-meter-long noodles after they pulled and shook those pastes. Boiling those noodles in the tasty soup for about 5 minutes, they looked white and bright. When I was eating them, I found that those noodles were chewy and have a special aroma which makes me want to eat more. That hot pot restaurant is the best one I have ever been to.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your experience. If I get lucky enough to go to china I would definitely check out that place and I incredibly love spices too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the name of that restaurant you went to?? I wanna try it too!

    ReplyDelete