Monday, November 7, 2016

Breakfast

Food 
I love the sound and the smell when my mom is cooking. I usually wake up right before the breakfast even though my mom tried to wake me up a hour before the breakfast. When I go down the stairs from my room and went to the dining table, all of my three brothers and dad are already sitting. My mom is stirring the miso in a pot. Sticky nattobroccoli depressed with soy source and sesame, grilled salmon, rolled omelet, rice, and chopsticks were well organized on the table. This is very common Japanese breakfast. We were just waiting for miso soup. I love the smell of miso. It is kind of salty but very warm. Finally the miso soup arrived at the table after I chatted with my brothers and dad, and then my mom sat down. We said "itadakimasu", which has two meaning: thanks for the food and let’s eat, and started to eat at the same time.  
I love this breakfast moment because it is when the all of the family members can be at the same table. My first brother is ten years, the second one is 8years,  and the third one is 6 years older than me, so we have fewer chances to eat dinner together as we get older. This breakfast moment was usual and the daily moment. I did not realize the moment as happiness. However, two of my brothers started to live by themselves, and the third brother went to the US, so ibecame the special time when all of the family member is at the same table. Now, this breakfast moment happens less than five times a year. When I sit with one of my brother at the same table, it also makes me happy, but it is much happier to sit with all of the family members.  

5 comments:

  1. I really like the fact that you say thank you for the food and lets eat. we Ethiopians have the same tradition as well we say "Enibla" means lets eat in Amharic. I really enjoyed reading it and if you could some how show me the procedures on how to make this food I would defiantly try it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To add on samri's point I felt like Ethiopia. Our culture always invite us to eat together.

      Delete
  2. It's sounds like you always have a happy time while eating breakfast with your family.Last week I went to Japan for education trip, and we had an experience of Homestay, I really enjoy eating dinner and breakfast with them.It was a special to me because my family doesn't usually have meal together, although we're not very busy.
    Thank you for sharing this post to us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be very happy to have breakfast with your family.
    In Taiwan, almost everyone eat out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of my family on weekends, though on weekdays it is the complete opposite,I don't even remember if I ate breakfast or not!!

    ReplyDelete