Monday, November 7, 2016

Zhajiang noodles

Zhajiang Noodle
         The aroma from food are the most enticing smell in all fragrances. At the same time, China is like the heaven of food. Many people love and recognize China for the food there. My favorite dish is made of soybean sauce and noodles with tiny potatoes squares. It is very commonly seen in China called the Zhajiang noodles. As far as I know, regular Chinese food like Zhajiang noodles does not require that many utensils, machines or tedious procedures unlike food from many other countries. Even though it is easily cooked, it tastes super good and draws back a lot of memories.

            I like Zhajiang noodles because it is very common in small restaurants in the streets of China beside all kinds of sidewalks. In China, small restaurants look almost the same, with a front desk for ordering and paying, seats and a kitchen in the hind room. These small restaurants may look simple and crude but the dishes had good qualities in their flavor and amount. After ordering a bowl of Zhajiang noodle, a warm looking old woman would hold a big white bowl with steaming hot air with both hand to my table in less than eight minutes in most cases. On the surface of the big white bowl, there are full of yellow beans and potatoes covered in brownish black sauce. It will look salty just by looking at the surface. But it will not be salty if it is stirred evenly with the bouncy and chewy noodles beneath it. I love rolling the noodles on to my chopsticks when I eat the noodles. This way of eating made me feel satisfied and comforted after I lot of pressure in studying. Somehow, I felt the noodles are bouncier when I put a bunch in my mouth and chew it satisfyingly. The scent of the sauce smells delicious and the movement and smoothness of the noodles bouncing on my chopstick is like a little fountain of water sliding down. Whenever I see it, it reminds me of that period of time when I used to eat it every day for two months in a row. 

8 comments:

  1. I like it. I also like to eat Zhajiang noodles.I hope to make this delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Zhajiang noodles,too.My father always buys it for me,and I always enjoy it. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which restaurant do you recommend?? I wanna try it when I have a chance.

      Delete
  3. Great description about the food Claire! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tyson!! Your descriptions are even better, keep it up:)

      Delete
  4. This looked so good! I wish I could try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never tasted Zhajiang Noodles before but from the looks of it, it sounds like something i wanna try!!!!

    ReplyDelete