Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Cozy Memories

It was around this time last year when I fell in love with Thanksgiving holiday. I stayed with my domestic friend, Analiese, for thanksgiving, and it definitely is one of my favorite memories I have made in the United States. In Japan, the closest event is probably the New Year celebration where all the relatives gather together and eat this traditional new year food called “Osechi”. However, I like Thanksgiving a lot more because it has this cozy and festive atmosphere that I loved, possibly because Analiese has an amazing and welcoming family that made me feel at home. 
The atmosphere in her house was very warm, cozy and homie; I can still imagine exactly how my four days of thanksgiving went by. On the actual Thanksgiving Day, I was so hungry because we tried not to eat as much earlier that day to be ready for the big meal ahead. The cooking took a while so I was starving by the time the dinner was served. There was table full of food. The turkey was really tender and flavorful with the stuffing served with fruity sweet cranberry sauces, the mash potato was very creamy, (I have to say the mash potato was definitely my favorite dish), home-made bread, pumpkin pie, chocolate cake, and the list goes on and on. I was so full by the time the cakes were served. I stuffed cakes in my mouth while thinking how I will not want to eat anything for the next few months. The next morning, surprisingly I was hungry again…. We had left overs for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment