Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Self-intro

Hello! My name is Jasmine. I am a senior at the Northwest School. I have been in Seattle since 2013. It is a nice city except for the high frequency of rain during winter. I am working on my college applications recently. Most schools I am applying to are in California because I like how it is sunny almost every day. I come from Shanghai, China. I speak Mandarin and English. I am also trying to learn some Korean now. Something interesting about me is that I can understand many Chinese dialects because of my family background. My mother comes from Beijing, so I can understand some slang from there. My father is from Hunan province, where has a dialect that is very hard to understand. Since he and my relatives talks in that dialect all the time, I can understand some of it. I have been living in Shanghai since I was born. Therefore, I can understand most of its dialect and speak a little. Moreover, There are four or five more that I can also understand because they sound similar to those I know. I like to sing, listen to music and go shopping in my leisure time :)

I have never been to Taiwan, France nor Ethiopia before. I would love to know more about you and your hometown :) Nice to meet you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment